UPPSALA, Sweden, Oct. 24, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Olink Holding AB (publ) (Nasdaq: OLK) today announced the launch of Olink®Insight, providing customers with an open-access online platform to share knowledge, with multiple tools to simplify users’ data experiences, and to provide more timely insights from their protein studies.
Olink® Insight has been created from the ground up to address the complex challenges of proteomic data analysis, introducing a modern and user-friendly new interface to explore Olink® NPX™ data, which will help to deliver on the urgent scientific questions asked by the community.
With this new digital platform, Olink makes a long-term commitment to develop and implement features for customers that simplify the data management experience and leverage its considerable value. The user data journey is improved with tools that help translate biological pathways to generate a list of candidate protein biomarkers, enabling improved experiment planning and setup, post-run data analysis; and with analytical tools, applications, scripts, and shared expertise, to provide users a faster time to value with their data.
“I am amazed by the data generated from our collaboration with Olink on the Disease Atlas, which is an open-access collection of proteomic profiles for some of our most important diseases,” said Mathias Uhlén, Professor, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH). “I am very impressed by the visualization of the data in Olink® Insight, and I am confident that this will be a fantastic resource for researchers in many areas of medicine and biology.”
Building an ecosystem of products and services that can accelerate the adaptation of proteomics in the research community depends on building essential software and tools that supports the complete customer journey. Olink® Insight will lead the way in building modern scientific tools and consider what best integrates with the rest of the Olink offering.
“We are steadfast in our commitment to innovation and close collaboration with the scientific community and our customers to make proteomics data easily accessible and actionable,” said Jon Heimer, CEO of Olink. “Olink® Insight is critical to this goal, which requires open-access, high-quality protein biomarker data, and proper analytical and visualization tools. We expect Olink® Insight to further strengthen our position as an enabler of community driven understanding of real-time human biology.”
Olink®Insight Product details and functionalities
An open-access online portal that supports users in understanding and interpreting their proteomics data, by visualizing initial findings and thereby achieving insights faster. Its significant features include:
- Pathway Explorer - Graphically represents the proteome and coverage of Olink panels in biological pathways. Explores which proteins are involved in a specific pathway to help with interpretation of data and generation of actionable results. Reveals and helps users understand connections between proteins and human biology. Built on Reactome, an open-source peer reviewed database.
- Annotation - Draw biological conclusions from proteomic data by listing biomarker-specific information about tissue specificity, how the corresponding gene functions at the molecular level, where in the cell it functions, what biological processes it helps to carry out, and variability in a normal cohort.
- Normal Ranges - Explore the natural variability of proteins before selecting biomarkers for a study; or after analysis, compare outcomes to observed variability in samples to that of a “normal” cohort. A reference database based on protein profiling of healthy individuals.
- Disease Atlas (by year end) - Compare and explore observed protein expression profiles in the most common diseases, generated by protein profiling of patients. The first version of the Disease Atlas will focus on cancer, and will later expand to include other common diseases, such as cardiovascular, neurological, infectious, and autoimmune diseases; as well as other conditions.
- Publication Explorer - Get fast insights into proteins of interest, such as a list of significant hits from a study; based on cutting-edge abstract mining technology. Find key abstracts where significant hits co-occur with each other, with key words, and diseases.
- Data Stories - Showcase Olink ’best practice analytics’ on a real and relevant publicly available data set demonstrating how results can be analyzed and visualized in practice.
More details are available at https://insight.olink.com
Jan Medina, CFA
VP Investor Relations & Capital Markets
Corporate Communications Manager
Mobile: +46 768 775 275
Olink Holding AB (publ) (Nasdaq: OLK) is a company dedicated to accelerating proteomics together with the scientific community, across multiple disease areas to enable new discoveries and improve the lives of patients. Olink provides a platform of products and services which are deployed across major pharmaceutical companies and leading clinical and academic institutions to deepen the understanding of real-time human biology and drive 21st century healthcare through actionable and impactful science. The Company was founded in 2016 and is well established across Europe, North America and Asia. Olink is headquartered in Uppsala, Sweden.
This release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws, including the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended, including, without limitation, statements regarding Olink’s strategy, business plans and focus. The words “may,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “should,” “expect,” “plan,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “project,” “potential,” “continue,” “target” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. Any forward-looking statements in this press release are based on management’s current expectations and beliefs as of the date hereof and are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and important factors that may cause actual events or results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by any forward-looking statements contained in this press release, including, without limitation, those related to Olink’s business, operations, supply chain, strategy, goals and anticipated timelines, including for the delivery of Olink Explore 3072 and the expansion of the Explore platform, competition, and other risks identified in the section entitled “Risk Factors” in Olink’s Registration Statement on Form F-1, as amended (File No. 333-253818) filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and in the other filings, reports, and documents Olink files with the SEC from time to time. Olink expressly disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements in this release to reflect any change in its expectations with regard thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based, unless required by law or regulation.